Guests of the Proper Thanksgiving Feast were invited to express their feelings of gratitude on notecards provided at the event. Following are the reflections shared at the 2014 feast.
- The people who put this feast on.
- The Portland Black History Project.
- Being here and seeing new people and that’s what warms up my heart.
- Clean water
- Food and family
- God, my family, friends, and I’m most thankful for all the love from people of God. P.S. I’m thankful for the group.
- Por la comida, por mi salud, oyen por mí, para que me den más trabajo. For the food, for my health, pray for me so that I can get more work.
- – Continued mobility (feet and truck)
– Some shelter instead of none
– Food stamps (saves my health and others’)
– That some people still interact without a computer, and they still sing, speak, act, and look each other in the eye.
– Good health
– Roof over my head
– Good family relationships
– Having a car
– Wonderful church family
- My Celebration family and friends! New home, family
- Getting to serve many people and seeing all the faces.
- Food in my pantry and always having the things I need on a day to day basis.
- 1. My family
2. Myself being alive
3. For God
4. For my dreadlocks
5. For food
- Many interests in my retirement
- My name is [Name]. I’m homeless. If it wasn’t for you I would not eat. I just want to say God bless you for all you done.
- Celebration Tabernacle Church and for the food and music! I loved it! Thank you!
- The life that I have.
- [First name]
- Losing my glasses on the light rail
- The best meal I’ve had in a very long time, and for the good people in this world
- The community of Kenton, Poshines and the Tabernacle for welcoming me in to eat and share community with you. I’m also grateful that my mother is in excellent health.
- The volunteers for volunteering. The food! Thanks!
- For the breath of life, my sound mind, where and how He has placed me in life. Our family, our church, our neighbors, our restaurant, our entrepreneur ministry, our Pastor’s vision, church service 3 times a week, my salvation, our willingness to work hard to be of one accord, farm of 5 acres. God, my life, food, shelter, love, hope, beauty, my children and grandchildren, Momma, Sis, my cat, friends, all people at church
- Such a loving place… I enjoy being in touch
- Thanks for everythings
- – Jesus dying so that I can live
– My wife
– My daughter (and [Name])
– My extended family
– My friends
- The wonderful family and friends around me. I am thankful for a family that loves and supports me and I’m thankful for a job to provide.
- Mi familia, por la abundancia que Dios nos ha dado. Por mis amigos, mis estudiantes, por mi amorcito [Nombre], por nuestra salud, la creatividad, el aprendizaje, la musica, el bello mundo, los animales, mi padre que en Paz descance, por esta iglesia. Amen. (My family, for the abundance that God has given. For my friends, my students, my darling [Name], for our health, creativity, learning, music, this beautiful world, the animals, my father who rests in peace, for this church. Amen.)
- – A job where I can help others
– A family who loves me
– My adorable cat
– Having everything I need and more!
– My daughter’s books
– The health of my family
– Our home
– Food on our plates each day
– People who sacrifice for others
– Beauty around us
- Life, my parents, my family
- Proper and Po’Shines for another great meal and fellowship.
- – That God is merciful
– That family is together
– That a place like Celebration Tabernacle exists
- Love, my good health, clean water, bountiful food, electricity, a safe home to work, live, and play, family, beautiful weather, time, kindness of others.
- My mom, my dad, my sisters, family, food, my brothers, friends, clothes, house, car, school, church, grandparents, baby sister.
- Proper and the Kenton community
- The generosity of all. That communities, organizations, people, committed to helping the community at large.
- You are appreciated!
- My life, health, strength, family, a right mind, ability to love and to be loved, shelter, food. I am thankful for God’s love for me.
- The USA and people.
- Having a family and having support.
- Family, friends, life, but most of all, God! Good health, my house, my pets, [Name], [Name], my home, my car, community, curly hair
- The kindness of strangers. I have no family here, so I really appreciate this feast (and the music).
- All the things God has done and provided in my life for me. Thank you God.
- House, friends, family, food, clothes, water, church, plants, hair, shoes, music, paint, pumpkins, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, my birthday, me
- Having my family and friends who all support me and guide me through life. And to have a roof over my head. Also to have a meal every day. Last but not least I’m glad my aunt got over her cancer and she’s alive and I thank God for that every day and night.
- Clothes, family, friends, food, a house, car, school.
- My wonderful family. So sweet.
- Thankful =)
- Life itself
- My baby
- – God
– Professional football on Sundays
– Wet wipes
– Alternatives to smoking
– Opposable thumbs
– Sexual liberation
– Harbor Freight
- The opportunity to come here and enjoy a wonderful dinner. I am grateful for my health and the health of my children. God is very great and good. I am grateful that He loves me and my family and all the people that are here today. I am also thankful for my family and friends.
- “Rice-Christianity.” But when the economy collapses and we don’t have any more “rice,” = food to spare, programs to run, will we have any significant number of “nominal-Christians” to pick up the cross and follow Him?
- My godmother, my health, being out of prison, my support system
- So many things, especially for leading me to You. My life is so much better, You set me free.
- Friendships, Good health, A safe place to sleep every night, A family that supports me, Friends that feel like family, Strangers that feel like friends
- – Community
– My salvation
– My relationship with God
– Having a saved husband that is the head of our household
- Having food to eat, Being alive, Being with my mother and sister (my family), Seeing my uncle and cousin yesterday
- Being in the world
- Life itself and particularly today – this wonderful bounty served to all with love –There’s certainly a place in Heaven for you.
- PROPER – first and foremost
[Name] and [Name]
My divine purpose
- My name is [Name]. I am thankful for St. Johns because I’m homeless and don’t know where I’d be without all of its amazing streets and rooftops. But most of all: I’m so thankful for having the best man in the world. His name is [Name] and he spoils me rotten with love and gifts. He protects me, believes in me, and I just can’t ask for more. Thank you Po’Shines!
- Being alive, For my church family both here and back home. I am thankful for life itself. I’m thankful for my biological and extended family. Thankful for health, strength, having a right mind, to have a job. I’m thankful for Pastor, the children, my fellow MIT teammates. This page could fill on everything I’m thankful for on this day alone.
- I am thankful for my family
- –My parents
My wonderful wife – viva la Panamá
Thanks for making my Thanksgiving great
- Having a nice warm home to go to, and a comfy bed to sleep in. Having a family to love and a family who
loves me. I’m thankful to know Jesus!
- The great food and atmosphere you’ve provided. Thanks and God bless all of you!
- Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, and my children… and grandchildren and one great grandchild.
- Legs to walk with my family
Thanksgiving to be with my family
Community to share with my family
- What God is going to do with everything I put into His hands.
- My heavenly Father and how He never fails me. I am thankful He has loved me before I loved myself also that
- He died on that cross.
- Being a part of this family at Celebration. I’ve had a chance to grow up here and become a man here and for that I’m truly thankful.
- Our food, our friends, and my family
- This Church, sanctified by God and made into action by the work of believers in Christian fellowship.
- The church and my friends here